Attorney Steiner's Recent Verdicts and Settlements
Updated October 2009
- New Hampshire Supreme Court
- Reversed trial court order concerning part performance regarding real estate purchase rights.
- Reversed Real Estate Commission order adverse to client regarding subject matter jurisdiction.
- Reversed trial court order against client regarding insurance coverage for insured.
- Affirmed summary judgment regarding right of first refusal for clients in $3,000,000 real estate dispute.
- Affirmed trial court decision there existed no liability under endorsement by olympic swimmer with clients.
- Held that Statute of Repose is constitutional in construction litigation case.
- Upheld real estate partition order by Sullivan County Probate Court.
- Sustained directed verdict at close of Plaintiff's case in environmental matter.
- Upheld summary judgment on constitutional "taking" theory regarding real estate.
- Belknap County Superior Court
- Settled liability regarding personal injury for policy limits (pre-suit).
- Prevailed on decree pro confesso in nuisance claim as to real estate.
- Settled significant mechanic's lien claim after case filed with court.
- Settled two civil suits immediately after filing actions seeking lien against property.
- Settled complex marital action on eve of trial.
- Settled, pre-suit, a personal injury claim against a town arising out of motor vehicle accident.
- Assisted couple with reconciliation and withdrawal of divorce.
- Chesire County Superior Court
- Settled matter regarding contractual obligation, post suit.
- Recovered legal fees for client in contested matter.
- Grafton County Superior Court
- Settled insurance coverage matter for client
- Trial - Received directed verdict at close of plaintiff's case regarding social host liability claim against client in case with $350,000. in medical damages.
- Procured ex parte order to enforce terms of prior court order.
- Hillsborough County Superior Court
- Settled litigation regarding rights under Will.
- Settled breach of warranty claim at mediation.
- Settled personal injury action at mediation.
- Trial - order in favor of client on breach of contract and negligence.
- Settled contract dispute between businesses.
- Settled divorce prior to trial
- Procured final default order in matter due to noncompliance by opposing party.
- Client awarded legal fees and payments from retirement plan based on opponent's fraud and misrepresentation.
- Trial - exposed opponent's fraud; concluded successful order for client.
- Trial - leading to adoption of client's terms in order.
- Settled personal injury claim, post suit, at mediation.
- Settled foreclosure matter prior to court hearing.
- Settled complex business torts matter pre-suit.
- Settled construction contract dispute immediately after filing suit.
- Prevailed on summary judgment in dispute over right of first refusal in real estate matter valued at $3,000,000.
- Settled product liability claim for defective equipment immediately after filing suit.
- Negotiated settlement for client in game of chance dispute with sponsoring agency, pre-suit.
- Trial - proved disputed liability for second mortgage rested with other party.
- Merrimack County Superior Court
- Settled contempt, including full award of legal fees.
- Settled divorce at mediation.
- Settled breach of contract claim at mediation.
- Settled divorce matter regarding substantial business assets.
- Summary Judgment in favor of client regarding "Right to Know" law issues.
- Summary Judgment in favor of client regarding statute of limitations concerning guarantor obligation.
- Recovered attorney fees in protracted post-divorce matter.
- Settled real estate purchase dispute at court mediation.
- Settled contract dispute.
- Succeeded in procuring relocation order for parent and child.
- Prevailed regarding scope of easement issue before court.
- Settled divorce issue on eve of trial.
- Settled real estate broker misrepresentation case at mediation.
- Settled divorce matter at private mediation.
- Settled real estate breach of contract action on eve of jury trial.
- Client awarded legal fees in court action.
- Settled real estate boundary case post-suit, at court mediation.
- Settled condominium defects litigation prior to trial.
- Client awarded legal fees in pursuing post-divorce contempt action.
- Prevailed in evidentiary hearing defending client from claim of $47,000 child support arrearage.
- Settled divorce shortly after exchange of information.
- Settled personal injury claim, pre-suit.
- Settled divorce matter, pre-trial.
- Settled right-to-know claim prior to hearing on merits.
- Settled real estate boundary dispute and adverse possession claim.
- Settled real estate adverse possession claim pre-suit.
- Settled declaratory judgment action against insurer for property damage coverage due to house fire.
- Settled property portion of commercial vehicle accident for plaintiff by receiving surrender of insurance policy limits for policy covering person causing accident.
- Settled complex divorce issues on eve of trial.
- Rockingham County Superior Court
- Prevailed in insurance coverage matter as to attorney fees.
- Settled equity actions regarding real estate matter.
- Prevailed on summary judgment in real estate litigation matter.
- Settled, pre-suit, a personal injury claim from a motorcycle accident for insurance policy limits.
- Settled personal injury claim on eve of expiration of statute of limitations.
- Trial - successfully defended three corporations and estate of incorporator against $265,000 claim for breach of contract and tort of invasion of privacy.
- Trial - directed verdict at close of Plaintiff's case in environmental contract case.
- Sullivan County Superior Court
- Settled real estate partition dispute.
- Prevailed in guardianship matter on behalf of minor children.
- Trial - prevailed in real estate partition trial.
- Granted summary judgment in constitutional "takings" case.